The Highlander is bred for:
- Efficiency – producing a smaller ewe with less feed requirements
- Outdoor rearing and easy lambing
- Prolificacy – can rear an extra 0.19 lambs compared to standard UK crossbreds
- Production costs reduced by up to 55p/kg
An ideal closed flock option and will suit you if you want:
- Reduced cost of production
- To improve kgs lamb produced per acre
- To improve efficiency while maintaining the biosecurity benefits of a closed flock
- A hill cross to make the most of marginal land
This means that all Highlander rams will be, MOT’d, quarantine treated and supplied with full health treatment records.
If you would like to know more about the Highlander please call your Technical Adviser or contact us.
Innovation, Partnership and Performance