Ram Production & Regional Sales Manager
Based from Aberystwyth
Innovis is seeking a well-organized and versatile individual with a can-do attitude and excellent animal husbandry and technical skills to manage large scale ram growing system that underpins Innovis sales across England & Wales.
Working closely with the company’s consultant veterinarian and genetics breeding team, the Ram Production Manager will liaise with contracted ram growing units to ensure that weight targets are achieved, and routine health treatments administered. The role is also responsible for coordinating, in association with regional sales staff, the flow of animal ID’s for ram sale catalogues and for animal handling and traceability in sale events across England & Wales.
The post holder is expected to travel extensively and to be the main contact for our grower farms and specific customer enquiries in Wales. This is a customer-facing role which requires good communication skills and a solid understanding of grass-based production systems and breeding.
- Co-ordinate the movement of 2,000 ram lambs from 14 Breeding Partner Flocks and 4 contracted Ram Growing Units across England & Wales
- In association with the Innovis vet, ensure animals on the Grower Units undergo physiological examinations pre-entry, mid- winter, and early summer.
- To ensure that data capture is undertaken in a timely and robust manner across the Grower Units (monthly weights and treatment records).
- Coordinate blood sampling rams pre-sale for specific disease screening.
- To maintain a comprehensive ownership of ram inventory and to record and reconcile cull animals/deaths across the Grower Units.
- Coordination and participation in the sales and selection events with reference to ram selection, cataloguing and last-minute changes to sales, withdrawals, retags etc.
- Liaise with suppliers of third-party rams that are entered into specific sales (Prohill).
- To deal with sales enquiries and to advise customers on product lines and systems.
- Coordinate the delivery of rams to customers in Wales, including the supply of cover rams and returns as required.
- Attend shows and events across the UK.
- To provide images for digital marketing material and to take an active role in marketing.
This role is suited to a good communicator that has a passion for sheep farming. Reporting directly to the CEO, Dewi Jones, they will have the ability to progress within an innovative company that is changing the future of sheep production, applying New Zealand production systems into UK environments.
We place a strong emphasis on growing people and training will be provided for the key elements of the role and for personal development.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent animal husbandry & technical skills with a keen eye for stock
- Excellent data handling & Excel skills
- Excellent ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills to deal effectively with customers & stakeholders.
- A degree or equivalent qualification.
- A full clean driving license and trailer towing certificate – towing training/test will be provided through Innovis if required.
The role is full time and will require increased hours during the main sheep sale season (July – Nov) but provides the opportunity to have ‘time off in lieu’ (TOIL) taken during early spring.
The post is offered with a salary of around £25,000 per annum and a 4% contribution to the Company’s Stakeholder Pension Scheme. A pool vehicle is provided for all work-related travel.
The renumeration package can be adjusted subject to experience and finding the right person.
Please call our main office on 01970 828236 if you would like to chat about the role in confidence.
To apply, please email a cover letter and CV to Dewi@innovis.org.uk before midnight Sunday 25th February.
Interviews will be on Wednesday 13th March at Aberystwyth with a view to commence the role as soon as possible thereafter.
Derbynnir ceisiadau Cymraeg a Saesneg.